Please note: If you are an existing MAG Energy customer and have a warranty or service plan with MAG Energy, and you think your system needs service, please CLICK HERE to contact us.
Solar photovoltaic (pv) systems are often mistaken to be maintenance free. However, taking steps to carry out the very necessary occasional repairs and maintenance will ensure that the performance of your system can be maximized and sustained. Failing to maintain your solar pv system can cause you to lose out financially over the years. If you’ve purchased a solar pv system in the last ten years and have never had it serviced, how do you know the pv system is working? Is it performing at its full potential or producing some fraction of the energy it should be? How much is this under-performance costing you in lost energy savings? Or maybe you had purchased a solar energy system and the company that installed it for you is no longer answering calls and emails or worse, no longer in business. Maybe you just need your solar panels cleaned, or inspected for rodent damage (typically chewed wires).
WARNING! DO NOT TRY TO CLEAN OR FIX YOUR OWN INVERTERS, PANELS OR OTHER COMPONENTS. THIS COULD RESULT TO SERIOUS INJURY OR EQUIPMENT DAMAGE! PV SOLAR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED BY PROFESSIONALS.
MAG Energy offers full system checks and services. The system needs to be checked to ensure all components safe and in proper operating condition.
These checks include: –
- Visual inspection of the modules to check for defects such as cracks, chips or discolouration.
- The inverter is functioning correctly by observing LED indicators, metering, and/or other displays on the inverter.
- All switches, isolators, and circuit breakers are operating correctly.
- Interconnections and cables/conduits are mechanically secure.
- Structural integrity of frames and mounting.
- AC and DC electrical systems
- Clean the inverter in order to minimize the possibility of dust entering the equipment.
- The system outputs and Inverter data will also be checked to ensure the system is working to its full capacity, and that system yields are in line with the specifications.
- Tests and checks are carried out to confirm that your system is consistent with high safety standards.
Additionally we can service/repair – or replace if necessary – any problematic components of your solar power system.